www.citizensinformation.ie - Irish eGovernment website provided by the Citizens Information Board. The site provides public service information for Ireland.
www.dataprotection.ie - Data Protection Commissioner protects the right to privacy under the Data Protection Acts and provides information on individuals’ rights and organisations’ responcibilities.
www.welfare.ie - Departament of Social nad Family Affairs is responsible for promoting and caring society through ensuring access to income support and other services, enabling active participation, promoting social inclusion and supporting families.
www.financialregulator.ie - The purpose of the Financial Regulator is:
- to help consumers to make informed decisions on their financial affairs in a safe and fair market; and
- to foster sound dynamic financial institutions in Ireland
The Financial Regulator undertakes its role in a number of integrated ways:
- Rigorous authorisation procedures for entrants to the financial services market
- Supervision of financial service providers which focuses on their solvency and risk management processes
- Recurring compliance with consumer protection code so that financial service providers act in a fair and transparent manner in their dealings with consumers
- Provision of independent information to consumers to raise awareness of the costs, risks and benefits of various financial services